January 28, 2010 in Club News
Who’s Signed Up So Far? CLICK HERE
The games have began and you can join in anytime…any member (new or existing) can join in (although you will start at the bottom rung). JOIN NOW
WHAT IS A RACQUETBALL LADDER ?
If you have never played in a racquetball ladder before it’s a fun way for new players to get started, and an great way to see where you stack up against the other players in the club.
Here’s how it works. All interested players must register to play online from their computer (all ranking is done automatically). To Login; click the link at the top of this page OR JOIN NOW. This will initiate the LADDER web site.
Here are the basics… No matter where you start on the ladder, after a period of time you will end up playing games with people of similar ability. As you improve, you are likely to move up the ladder. When you are ready to make a challenge, login and go to the rankings page (you must be logged in first). Then click on the player you wish to challenge and follow the instructions. In order to play your match you must be a member of The Heights Racquetball Club.
1. You may challenge the player one or two positions above you on the ladder…Although, when you first join the ladder JOIN NOW, you may challenge any player at any position on the ladder for your first challenge.
2. All games should be played within 5 days of a challenge being made (unless there are extenuating circumstances) otherwise the challenger wins.
3. You should play your game at a mutually convenient time. If your timings do not coincide (one person can only play work days 9-5 and the other only evenings and weekends) and you CANNOT agree, then you MUST play your match on a weekday commencing between 6:00pm and 8:00pm. This will be known as a ‘compulsory match time’.
4. If a game ball cannot be agreed upon, a new PURPLE PRO PENN HD shall be used.
5. If the person being challenged offers 3 different ‘compulsory match times’ (on different days) and the challenger cannot make any of them, then the CHALLENGE is VOID.
6. If the person being challenged cannot offer 3 different ‘compulsory match times’ (on different days) then the CHALLENGER WINS by default.
7. If either party is more than 20 minutes late in attending an agreed match then the late or non attender loses the match.
8. If you make a successful challenge you swap your name with the person you beat. Therefore you may jump (or drop) up to two positions at a time.
9. Matches will consist of best out of 3 games. JOIN NOW
10. ‘The Heights Club Rules shall apply to all games.
11. If no result has been recorded by two thirds of the way through the challnege period a reminder is emailed to both parties.
12. If no result has been recorded by the end of the challenge period a warning is sent to record the result within a few days ‘grace period’.
13. If no result has been recorded by the end of the grace period the challenger automatically wins.
14. If the challenger wishes to cancel the challenge they may do so within the challenge and grace period with no consequences.
15. If the challenged person (challengee) wishes to forfeit the challenge they can record this within the challenge and grace period and the game is won by the challenger by forfeit.
If you consider recognition a prize, then you’ll be glad to know that the top 10 players of the ladder will be posted on The Heights website and on the bulletin board around the first day of each month. Once the ladder membership grows sufficiently, divisions will be established (using only one ladder) and the top 3 players in each division will be posted. This will give players in every division the opportunity to place. JOIN NOW
You will notice a point score appearing next to each players name on the rankings page (once logged in). This is a points rating system based on the classic Elo system. Players will be awarded points for winning and lose points for losing depending on how difficult the system calculates your opponent to be. It will take a few games for the scoring system to settle down. This rating is displayed for information purposes only. JOIN NOW