July 30, 2010 in Club News
mid-August and SIGNUPS start now.
Just click [DOUBLES] from the left menu bar to REGISTER.
FIND OUT ABOUT THE RULES BELOW:
1. DOUBLES TEAM: The challenger/challengee may choose any partner… but not the same player more than once in any three (3) consecutive matches. The partner does not have to be a member of the ladder, but does have to be a member of the club. If a partner is a member of the ladder, a win/loss will not affect his/her standing. The ladder member plus the selected partner is “the team”.
2. You may challenge any player up to three positions above you on the ladder. When you join the ladder you may challenge any player at any position on the ladder for your first challenge. You must declare the partner for your team to your opponent at the time of the challenge.
3. All games should be played/posted within 7 days of a challenge being made (unless there are extenuating circumstances) otherwise the challenger automatically wins.
4. You should play your game at a mutually convenient time. If your timings do not coincide (one team can only play work days 9-5 and the other only evenings and weekends) and you CANNOT agree, then you MUST play your match on a weekday commencing between 5.20pm and 6.40pm. This will be known as a ‘compulsory match time’.
5. If a game ball cannot be agreed upon, a new PURPLE PRO PENN HD shall be used.
6. If the challengee’s team offers 3 different ‘compulsory match times’ (on different days) and the challenger’s team cannot make any of them, then the CHALLENGE is VOID.
7. If the challengee’s team cannot offer 3 different ‘compulsory match times’ (on different days) then the CHALLENGER WINS by default.
8. If either party is more than 20 minutes late in attending an agreed match then the late or non attender loses the match.
9. If you WIN a challenge you move into the position of the person you challenged and that person is shifted down one position. Therefore you may jump up to three positions at a time-but only drop down one. WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR RESULTS, be sure to name the team partners for tracking purposes.
10. Matches will consist of best 2 out of 3 games, played to 15. Other options are okay so long as BOTH players agree. Enter the final results online. WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR RESULTS, be sure to name the team partners for tracking purposes.
11. ‘The Heights Club Rules’ shall apply to all games.
12. If no result has been recorded by two thirds of the way through the challenge period a reminder is emailed to both parties.
13. If no result has been recorded by the end of the challenge period a warning is sent to record the result within a three day grace period.
14. If no result has been recorded by the end of the grace period the challenger automatically wins.
15. If the challenger wishes to cancel the challenge they may do so within the challenge and grace period with no consequences.
16. If the challenged person (challengee) wishes to forfeit the challenge they can record this within the challenge and grace period and the game is won by the challenger by forfeit.